Booking Agreement, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Customer may book transfer services from our online booking platform
- The customer is responsible for ensuring all details provided to us are correct, Any misleading or incorrect details may result in booking cancellation or we may not be able to transfer you within our normal ingoing and outgoing time frame.
- All online booking customers, will receive our email confirmation within 24 hours (NOT AUTO SYSTEM REPLY) to confirm your payment and seat service, You will be advised the pickup and meeting points.
- We accept payments by VISA,Master Card, Diners,American Express & Direct Deposit to our bank account- No Cash payment is accepted.
- Service will only be confirmed after we have received and processed your payment, All shuttle bus timings are subject to change depending on the days operation, We shall do our very best to make it up.
- If you require the service within 24 hours of departure, please contact us on the chat service to make a booking instead of using an agent or our online booking form, extra charges apply. (Add $3 extra)
- Late or Last minute booking for transfer service within 24 hours do not have an advantage of the full refund window of opportunity, Any cancellation under this condition has no refund given.
- If you cancel within 7 days but before 24 hours prior to your arrival/departure time the full fare will be refunded less a cancellation fee of $15 per adult ($7 per child) on a one way booking, and $20 per adult ($7.50 per child) on a return booking.Outside this there is no cancellation fee applied.
- Cancellation by the client must be made in writing to our email email@example.com as quickly as possible.
- Passengers arriving at the Domestic airport please collect your bags and wait at carousel 3 for the driver, customers who do not make themselves known to the driver by the time their flight has cleared or who are not at a designated point of meeting at the time arranged & are uncontactable on their mobile will be regarded as a NO SHOW and no refund will be made if the bus has already departed. We will endeavour to get you a later bus if possible. This might involve extra costs.
- Any booking made after office business hours will be not processed until the next business day.
- Cairns to Port Douglas Bus reserves the right to make final decision of any issue or doubt related to booking and / or our services.
- The customer require to make a separate booking when any of passenger(s) transfer on different date and time (not on the same bus).
- Each booking includes one service amendment with free of administration charge. Surcharge applies for over 1 amendment or request to change an after-hours service (subject to availability).
- Passengers, please make sure your mobile number provided on booking form works on the Australian network. In the event that your number is not contactable, we recommend passengers contact our office on arrival (0449807621) if they cannot find the driver, however if you have internet access you can still chat with our reservations who will assist you.
- For return transfers, please contact us 24 hours before your departure to confirm your pickup time and location via our chat service in our website
Timing and Driving Conditions
- If through circumstances beyond our control we are delayed or unable to transfer you we cannot be responsible for any financial or material losses which may be incurred. This may be due but not limited to accidents in which the clients vehicle is directly or not directly involved, delays caused by road closures, road works, weather, traffic, flights or train delays.
- If through circumstances beyond our control we are unable to transfer you ourselves we reserve the right to arrange alternative transport which may incur additional cost.
- We do monitor all incoming flights and planes can arrive early or late. Our general policy is not to mix passengers arriving on flights scheduled to arrive more than 20 minutes, on the same bus. Planes that arrive a few minutes late may mean a slightly longer wait for those passengers who have arrived on an earlier flight, We ask those passengers to bear with us on such occasions – it could be your flight that is running a little late and nobody wants to be left stranded. If a severe plane delay is occurring, passengers on that flight will be transferred on the next bus available or we will make alternative arrangements for their transfer to minimise the waiting time at the airport. There may be an additional costs incurred.
- If your flight arrives more than 15 minutes late, we may have to move you to our next available bus. It means your waiting time may be increased. We will send you a mobile message for further instruction if this is the case.
- Passenger is required to advise us if you have oversize item, we may refuse to load it on bus if customer has not declared the item when making a booking. Oversize items may incur a freight surcharge.
- No responsibility is accepted for valuables left in our vehicles, though articles reported lost/left if found will be returned by post or to accommodation. A handling fee of $10 per item plus any postage will be charged.
- All vehicles operated by us are fully insured and licensed to carry passengers. However the passenger’s luggage is carried at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted by us for loss or damage. It is the passengers responsibility to take out appropriate travel insurance if they require.
- We are only a booking agent and not the actual operator hence we take no responsibility for loss or damages for your luggage incurred during the transfer and you need to contact the operator directly.
Pick up and Drop off Policy
- It is Customer`s/passenger’s responsibility to provide the correct pickup/drop off address and pickup time during the booking, If the passenger has provided a wrong or uncertain address, driver will only pickup & drop off passenger in Port Douglas Town Centre. If passenger has provided wrong pickup time and resulted missing transfers, This will be deemed as NO SHOW, and NO refund will be given.
- Due to the size of the bus & trailer, we may not be able to enter some areas of Murphy Street, Gated Real Estate & Caravan Parks. These drop off & pickup are only available at the corner street and front gate. Bus do not enter unsealed roads.
- Seat in Bus pickup & drop off services are limited from Port Douglas Town areas up to Cragile Bus Stop & Cairns Airport and Cairns City areas East & North of the Railway line. Passengers are required to meet in these areas for pickup and drop off. Any drops or pickups outside these areas may incur extra costs.
- For Cairns Airport to city shuttle please wait at Bay 6 outside the domestic terminal.
- Cairns to Port Douglas is committed to making your trip with us a safe one. All vehicles are equipped with safety belts and child seat anchors and are meticulously maintained to the stringent Queensland Transport authority’s rules and are regularly checked by that authority for compliance. All our experienced drivers have Queensland Drivers Authority to transfer fare paying passengers.
- Smoking, the consumption of alcohol & food is not allowed on all Cairns to Port Douglas shuttle bus transfers between Cairns, Cairns Airport, Port Douglas, Palm Cove and or any other destination,Water is permitted.
- Cairns to Port Douglas reserves the right to refuse boarding to passengers who are abusive and / or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Any kind of violence or abuse (verbal or physical) will not be tolerated. Such behaviour towards any other passenger(s) or the driver will result in the offender(s) being removed from the bus and may be handed over to the Police.
- Please warn the driver of any suspicious activity on the bus.
- Please respect the comfort of other passengers.
- Seat in Bus passengers are not allowed to request drivers to stop except in case of an emergency.
- Please check your luggage tag to ensure collecting the right luggage when getting off the bus.
- Passengers including children and infants must wear a seatbelt at all times while on the bus. We supply appropriate child restraints at no extra cost.
- Passengers must remain seated until bus has fully stopped at your destination.
- No animals are allowed on any bus.
- We are only a booking agent and not the actual operator hence we take no responsibility for loss or damages incurred for you during the transfer.